Current events are added as we receive info.
- January 1: MEETING/RADAR RUN MEETING, Portage Lakers SC, 6:30p.m., Dean's Motor Lodge, Portage.
- January 3: PUBLIC BREAKFAST, Pine Tree SC of Milford, 7:30-11a.m. at the clubhouse, Outer Call Road. (Sundays, 1/3-2/28, regardless of snowmobile conditions.)
- January 3: SNOWMOBILERS BREAKFAST, held by the Heart of Gold SC of Harmony, 7-9a.m. at Lumberjack Lodges, Chadbourne Road (held every other Sunday starting January 3, regardless of snowmobile conditions).
- January 9: CLUB RIDE, Abnaki Sno Riders of Madison, leaving from the clubhouse. "Bingham Mystery Ride". www.abnaki-sno-riders.com.
- January 9: CLUB STEAK NIGHT, Members/guests of the Pine Tree SC, Milford. 6p.m. BY ADVANCE SIGN UP ONLY - Call Dana or Kathy: 207-827-7066.
- January 9: TEXAS HOLD EM FUND RAISER, hosted by the Pittsfield Driftbusters SC, 7p.m. at the Sebasticook Valley Elks Lodge, Pittsfield. Sign up in advance with
Blaine or Rachel at Huff Forest Products (207-487-3338). Maximum: 100 players.
- January 10: CLUB RIDE, Solon Snow Hawks SC. Meet at Griswold's 10a.m. To Kingfield for lunch.
- January 10: PUBLIC BREAKFAST, Pine Tree SC of Milford, 7:30-11a.m. at the clubhouse, Outer Call Road. (Sundays, 1/3-2/28, regardless of snowmobile conditions.)
- January 10-16: INTERNATIONAL SNOWMOBILE SAFETY WEEK. Safety Week Manual posted on the International Snowmobile Manufacturers Association
(ISMA) web site: www.snowmobile.org.
- January 16: VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RIDE, hosted by the Paul Bunyan SC of Bangor. Meet at the clubhouse, 1862 Union Street beginning at 7:30 a.m. for
coffee, doughnuts and conversation. Ride leaves clubhouse at 9a.m.
- January 16: ANNUAL THINK SNOW DANCE, at the Eagles in Rumford, starting at 8p.m. Featuring "The Hooligans". Tickets available through the four area snowmobile clubs hosting the event.
- January 16: DANCE, to celebrate the Turner Ridge Riders 40th Anniversary, at the BQMC in Turner. Featuring the band
'Landslide'. More details TBA. www.turnerridgeriders.com.
- January 16: CLUB RIDE, Oxbow-Masardis SC, to Masardis Trading Post for lunch. Meet at the groomer shed at 10:30a.m. (or for those riding from the north, meet us at the Trading Post at 11:30a.m.)
- CLUB RIDE, Bog Hooters SC of Mechanic Falls.
- January 16 or 17: CLUB RIDE, Benedicta Snowgang members, destination TBA. (Call Jim Splan for details.)
- January 16, 17: SNOWMOBILE RACING WEEKEND, at the East Branch Sno Rovers clubhouse in East Millinocket. 1/16: Radar Run and Ôtest and tune'. 1/17: Drag Racing. MSDRA rules, classes. FMI: www.eastbranchsnorovers.com, www.maineice.com.
- January 17: RADAR RUNS - Portage Lake - Ranger Street, lakefront. Hosted by the Portage Lakers SC. Registration starts at 9a.m.; Races begin 10a.m. $5
each, maximum of 300 runs sold. Classes: stock, improved, vintage, junior and mini. Under 18-parent required. Must be 10 years old to run a sled over 250cc. Awards ceremony follows races at
Dean's Motor Lodge. FMI: Jen Curran, 207-227-0045.
- January 21, 22, 23: RANGELEY SNODEO - races, social events, demo rides, more. FMI: www.rangeleymaine.com, www.rangeleysnowmobile.com.
- January 22: SNOWMOBILE HILL CLIMB, at Black Mountain of Maine, Rumford. Men's and women's classes, 500cc to Open. Hill Climb begins 6p.m. Lodge open 4p.m. for bib pick up. Course preview 5:30p.m. Entry fee: $20 per class day of event; $15 per class if preregister/prepay. Call 207-364-8977 to preregister. (Last minute registration 4:30p.m.) Participants must be 14 years or older. Waivers for all participants, under 18 waivers must be signed by parent/guardian. Admission at the gate: Under 5 free, 6-12 $3, 13 and over $5. Cafe and Last Run Lounge open. www.skiblackmountain.org.
- January 23: CLUB RIDE, Ebeemee SC (Brownville, Ebeemee Twp), to the Logging Museum at Ambajesus Lake and lunch at the Northern Timber Cruisers clubhouse.
- January 23rd: B52 Commemorative Ride at Moosehead Riders clubhouse, Greenville. 1:00 pm.
- January 23: CLUB RIDE, Solon Snow Hawks SC. Meet at Griswold's 8a.m. To Grand Falls, lunch at Northern Outdoors.
- January 24: JUNIOR CLUB RIDE, Windham Drifters Junior Club members. Meet at club shed behind Richardson's, Route 302. Followed by bonfire, games, hot dog roast. FMI: Deb Vargo 207-892-8251, Susan Johnston 207-310-1756.
- January 24: CLUB RIDE, Ashland SC, to Winnie's in Presque Isle. Meet at 11a.m. at the Ashland Motor Lodge.
- January 24: CLUB RIDE, Big Pine Riders SC of Abbot, to the Wassookeag SC clubhouse for breakfast. Meet at 9a.m. at the storage trailer at the Abbot Post Office.
- January 29 - 31: Moosehead Lake Togue Ice Fishing Derby with Ricky Craven. Third Annual Derby with lots of great prizes. Cash prizes for the three largest togue, and numerous prizes for the fish pool. The first five togue (only 1 over 18 inches) brought in to the weigh stations gives the fisherman a chance in the fish pool. Several BIG door prizes which do not require a fish to win. Tickets are $25 single & $40 family. Ricky Craven will spend some time on Moosehead visiting anglers. Contact: Moosehead Chamber of Commerce 207 695-2702. Location: Moosehead Lake.
- January 29, 30: CLUB TRIP, Jefferson-Nobleboro Sno-Packers. to Wilton/Farmington area to ride the Black Fly Loop. See club web site for details, or better yet, come to a meeting. http://sites.google.com/site/snopackers/
- January 29, 30, 31: CLUB RIDE, Windham Drifters SC, in Bingham area. FMI: Cindy McGovern 207-878-2877.
- January 30: POKER RUN, Held by the Smoki Haulers SC. Registration 8:30-10a.m. at the clubhouse in Oakfield. Spaghetti dinner to follow.
- January 30: CLUB NIGHT RIDE, COOKOUT, Moosehead Riders SC of Greenville. Meet 6p.m. at the clubhouse. Bring cookout food.
- January 30: CLUB OVERNIGHT TRIP, Portage Lakers SC, to Hewes Brook Lodge. Advance reservations required. Contact Jen at 207-227-0045.
- January 30, 31: ANNUAL SNOW FEST, Held by the Norway Trackers SC, on Norway Lake. Drag racing and antique snowmobile parade on Saturday, radar runs and chowder fest (in the Little Red School House) on Sunday. Fun for the whole family. Come make it a day (or two)! FMI (registration and start times) visit www.norwaytrackers.com.
- January 31: MYSTERY RIDE, held by the Valley Riders SC of Bingham-Moscow. Meet at 9a.m. at the Kennebec Service Center Partners. All are welcome.
- February 3: CLUB RIDE, BREAKFAST, Moosehead Riders SC of Greenville. Meet 8a.m. at the clubhouse. (Wednesday rides continue for the rest of the season) Half and full day rides.
- February 4-6: POLAR BLAST FESTIVAL, in Eustis. www.eustismaine.com, www.arnoldtrailsnowmobileclub.com, 207-670-0808
- February 5, 6: SNOWMOBILE RIDE to benefit Pine Tree Camp. Annual event held in the Newport area - more details TBA. Visit www.pinetreesociety.org.
- February 5, 6, 7: INTERNATIONAL SNOWMOBILERS FESTIVAL. Madawaska ME and Edmundston NB. Cross border riding, dinner, dance, fireworks, breakfast, door prizes, lucky run and more. $30 event pass. FMI: Greater Madawaska Chamber of Commerce, 207-728-7000.
- February 6 at 9:00 AM:
100 Mile Wilderness Sled Dog Race. Hundreds of Sled dogs and their mushers will head into the 100 Mile Wilderness for the this exciting race. Experienced dog teams travel from all over New England and Canada to participate in one of only three distance sled dog races in the region. Spectators are invited to watch the mushers at the starting line at the IF&W lot on Village Street in Greenville or at one of many viewing sites. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Location: Inland Fisheries & Wildlife- Village St. Greenville.
- February 6: 6th ANNUAL ANDY SANTERRE SNOWMOBILE RUN
featuring NASCAR's Andy Santerre, 2002-2005 Busch North Series Champion, to benefit AMHC Sexual Assault Services. Caribou area. Lunch at Washburn Trailrunners clubhouse; Autograph session, buffet, auction at Caribou Inn and Convention Center. 8:30 am Sign-in, 10 am Charity Ride Begins. Caribou Inn & Convention Center, 19 Main Street, Caribou, Maine. Ticket Prices: $55 includes ride, dinner & auction at Caribou Inn
$30 for Ride or $25 Dinner & Auction. Call 498-6431 for more information. www.amhc.org
- February 6: ANNUAL BLESSING OF THE SNOWMOBILES, Hosted by the Poodunck SC of Dixfield and the Mexico Trailblazers SC, at the Mountain Valley Middle School in Mexico (Off ITS 82), from 10a.m. to 2p.m. Great trail side food: sausage sandwiches, French fries, hot dogs, burgers.
- February 6: POKER RALLY, Held by the Standish Sno-Seekers SC. Begins at 10a.m. at Johnson Field in Standish.
- February 6: RIDE-IN BONFIRE, hosted by the Westbrook Trail Blazes, from 12 noon until midnight. Gather at Bouffard Crossing. www.westbrooktrailblazes.com
- February 6: FAMILY FUN DAY, held by the Saco Pathfinders. Begins 10a.m. at Grant's Farm. FMI: www.sacopathfinders.net.
- February 6: BONFIRE, CLUB FUND RAISER, held by the Fort Halifax Snowdrifters of Winslow. All are welcome. Begins about 1p.m., accessible by sled on ITS 85 or park at the Welch's house on South Pond Road and walk in on the trail. Hot food, drinks, warm fire. Larger bonfire lit at dark. (See more info on Facebook.)
- February 6: CLUB RIDE, Belfast Area Snow Packers, to the Pine Tree Ride-In in Newport, leaving Belfast at 8:30a.m.
- February 6: CLUB TRIP, Family SC of Bucksport, to Jackman. See web site for details: www.familysnowmobileclub.com.
- February 6: CLUB RIDE, Solon Snow Hawks SC. Meet at Griswold's 10a.m. Club trails.
- February 6, 7: SNOWMOBILE RACES, Held by the Jefferson-Nobleboro Sno-Packers, at Damariscotta Lake. Double elimination drag races Saturday February 6. Radar Run Sunday February 7. Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners in each of 18 classes. A fun day of racing, self teching - follow the rules and have fun. Registration starts at 7:30a.m. See club web site for more details: http://sites.google.com/site/snopackers/ (Rain Date February 13, 14)
- February 7: RADAR RUN, held by the Harrison Friendly Riders SC, on Crystal Lake. Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd; categories from 500cc stock/modified to 100cc stock/modified, unlimited, Top Speed of Day. Races $10/each; 3/$15. Kids under 18 may run with parental permission - parents must be present and sign waiver. FMI: Stacy Worster 207-583-6914, email@example.com. Club cookshack selling burgers, hot dogs, fries, chili etc. Rain date February 21. www.HarrisonFriendlyRiders.net.
- February 7: POKER RUN, Held by the Pine Tree SC of Milford, at the clubhouse, Outer Call Road. Registration 9a.m.-1p.m.
- February 7: SNOWMOBILE RALLY, Hosted by the Sebago Branch Duckers SC, beginning at 9a.m. at the Sebago Town Hall, Route 107, Sebago. www.sebagobranchduckers.com.
- February 12, 13: SEVENTH ANNUAL EASTERN NEW ENGLAND GROOMER EVENT, 8a.m.-4p.m., Rangeley Lakes SC groomer barn, Loon Lake Road in Rangeley. Trailmasters, groomer operators, trail crew - all are welcome to check out the latest in grooming equipment.
- February 12-21: KATAHDIN AREA WINTERFEST. Millinocket: Northern Timber Cruisers clubhouse open all week, weather permitting. 2/12: Snowmobile parade down Main St, begins 6p.m. Stearns High School. Bonfire, concessions at Veterans Memorial Park during the parade; Fireworks 7:30p.m. at Recreation complex. 2/13: Kids fishing day 9a.m.-3p.m. Jerry Pond (rain date 2/14). Baked bean supper-Northern Timber Cruisers clubhouse, 4-6p.m. 2/14: Pancake Breakfast-Northern Timber Cruisers clubhouse, 7-11a.m.
- February 12-22: TAKE A FRIEND SNOWMOBILING WEEK. FMI: International Snowmobile Manufacturers Association (ISMA) web site: www.snowmobile.org.
- February 13: ANNUAL ICE FISHING DERBY, Held by the Tri-Town Snow Riders SC of Morrill. More details TBA. Derby questions: Billy Kinney 207-342-4223.
- February 13: RADAR RUNS, held by the Wassookeag SC of Dexter. www.wassookeagsnowmobileclub.com
- February 13: PROGRESSIVE CLUB RIDE, held by the Pine Tree SC of Milford. Begins 9a.m. More details TBA. Planning to ride to Milligan's Landing.
- February 13: CLUB RIDE, Oxbow-Masardis SC, to Grammie's in Linneus for lunch. Meet at the groomer shed at 9a.m.
- February 13, 14: ANNUAL WINTER CARNIVAL IN NAPLES, two days of winter fun on Long Lake, Naples Town Dock. Radar Run (Saturday, Sunday 9:30a.m.-3p.m.), Poker Rally (Saturday 9a.m.-2p.m.), food booths, helicopter rides, snow coach rides, broom ball, raffles, snowmobile jumps, fireworks, more! FMI: visit Muddy River Sno-Seekers web site, www.muddyriversnoseekers.org or call Dan Allen 207-318-6965, 207-693-3876.
- February 13, 14: SNOWMOBILE RACING WEEKEND, at the East Branch Sno Rovers clubhouse in East Millinocket. 2/13: Drag Racing. 2/14: Maine State Snowmobile Drag Racing Championships. MSDRA rules, classes. FMI: www.eastbranchsnorovers.com, www.maineice.com.
- February 13, 14: SNO-FEST, hosted by the North Augusta Trailblazers at the clubhouse on Burns Road. Mark your calendar. www.freewebs.com/northaugustatrailblazers.
- February 14 at 1:00 PM:
Annual Moosehead Lake Chocolate Festival. A tantalizingly delicious event sponsored by the Moosehead Chamber of Commerce. A great place to take the whole family. Choose 12 samples from a selection of 30 delectable chocolate desserts. For the kids there is a special Children's corner with unique food & prizes. And as always you can place a bid on the great items in our Silent & Chinese Auctions. Contact: 207-695-2702 Moosehead Chamber. Location: Masonic Hall on Pritham Avenue, Greenville.
- February 14: WORLD'S GREATEST SLEIGH RIDE, in Lisbon Falls - to benefit Pine Tree Camp. Hosted by the Pejepscot Sno-Chiefs and the Farmers Draft Horse, Mule and Pony Club. www.pejepscotsnochiefs.webs.com.
- February 14: FAMILY FUN DAY, held by the Big Pine Riders SC of Abbot, at the old Whistlestop Restaurant on ITS 85. Poker run, cookout and more. Save the date!
- February 14: ANNUAL ICE FISHING DERBY, held by the Nequasset Trailbreakers at Nequasset Lake, Woolwich.
- February 14: CLUB RIDE, Solon Snow Hawks SC. Meet at Connector Trail in Solon at 9a.m.
- February 20: ONE LUNGER VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACE, held by the Turner Ridge Riders SC, www.turnerridgeriders.com.
- February 20: ICE WARS DRAG RACES, held by the Wassookeag SC of Dexter. www.wassookeagsnowmobileclub.com
- February 20: ANNUAL POKER RUN, held by the Molunkus Valley Sno-Drifters of Sherman, at the clubhouse.
- February 20: ANNUAL POKER RUN, Held by the Linneus Sno Sports, at the clubhouse. Registration begins at 8:30a.m.
- February 20, 21: 11th ANNUAL SNO-CROSS RACES, sponsored by the Lincoln Snowhounds SC, at the clubhouse, Town Farm Road (off Route 2) in Lincoln. Races begin 11a.m.; registration 8-10a.m. Lunch available at the clubhouse. FMI: Kevin Steward (technical info) at 207-794-1037.
- February 20, 21: WINTERFEST, Winter Transportation Festival, at the Owls Head Transportation Museum (off Route 73 in Owls Head, 2 miles south of Rockland). Gates open 9:30a.m. Special admission discount for MSA members., visitors under 18 get in free. Antique snow vehicle parade, take a ride in a 1926 Ford Model T snowmobile, see 1914 steam powered Lombard log hauler in action! Children's activities. Exhibit your antique or vintage snowmobile, snowplow, ice boat, sleigh, sled or toboggan - exhibitors get in free. FMI: 207-594-4418, www.owlshead.org.
- February 20, 21: STANDISH WINTER CARNIVAL, Visit with the Standish Sno-Seekers SC.
- February 20 or 21: CLUB RIDE, Benedicta Snowgang members, destination TBA. (Call Jim Splan for details.)
- February 26: CLUB NIGHT RIDE, COOKOUT, Moosehead Riders SC of Greenville. Meet 6p.m. at the clubhouse. Bring cookout food.
- February 27: DOWNEAST SNOW RIDE with ANDY SANTERRE, hosted by the Narraguagus SC and Beth C. Wright Cancer Resource Center. Ride begins 10a.m. in Ellsworth, round trip ride to lunch in Cherryfield. Auction, banquet, meet and greet follow ride at Elks Club, Ellsworth. FMI/tickets: Mike Reisman, 207-664-0339 or Narraguagus SC members Velma 207-546-7205 or Nancy 207-483-4426.
- February 27: FAMILY FUN DAY, hosted by the Snow Valley Sno-Goers SC of Andover. 11a.m.-3p.m. at the clubhouse. Food, bonfire, sledding, events. The Andover Recreation Committee will run snowshoe, cross country ski races.
- February 27: DINNER ON THE RUN, Ashland SC. Meet at 5p.m. at the Ashland Motor Lodge.
- February 27: SUPPER ON THE RUN, Portage Lakers SC. Locations TBA. FMI: Beth Hummel 207-435-2327.
- February 27: PROGRESSIVE SUPPER RIDE, Oxbow-Masardis SC.
- February 28: ANNUAL PIG ROAST, Held by the Northern Lites SC. Begins at 12 noon at the Industry Town Hall, Route 43, Industry. Lots of good food!
- February 28: FUN DAY, Benedicta Snowgang, 12:30p.m. at Phil and Sue Knowles.
- February 28: MYSTERY RIDE, held by the Valley Riders SC of Bingham-Moscow. Meet at 9a.m. at the Kennebec Service Center Partners. All are welcome.
- February 28: CLUB RIDE, Solon Snow Hawks SC. Meet at Solon Dam 9a.m. Ride to the pig roast in Industry.
- March 6: LOG DRIVERS COOKOUT, Held by the Big Valley Sno-Club of Island Falls, at the clubhouse. FMI: 207-463-2656.
- March 6: 5th ANNUAL WINTERFEST, held by the Gray Snow Wolves on Crystal Lake in Gray. Family Fun Ride, fishing derby, radar run, food - Fun for all!
- March 6: CLUB RIDE, Windham Drifters SC, to the Gray Sno-Wolves Winterfest. Meet at the club shed behind Richardson's on Route 302. Time TBD. FMI: Deb Vargo 207-892-8251, Susan Johnston 207-310-1756.
- March 6: PROGRESSIVE SUPPER, Held by the Benedicta Snowgang.
- March 6: CAN-AM CROWN SLED DOG RACE BEGINS, Fort Kent. FMI: http://can-am.sjv.net.
- March 6: CLUB RIDE, Solon Snow Hawks SC. Meet at Griswold's 10a.m. TBA.
- March 6, 7: SNOWMOBILE RACING WEEKEND, at the East Branch Sno Rovers clubhouse in East Millinocket. 3/6: Radar Run and 'test and tune'. 3/7: Drag Racing. MSDRA rules, classes. FMI: www.eastbranchsnorovers.com, www.maineice.com.
- March 13: CLUB RIDE, Oxbow-Masardis SC, to the Blue Moose Restaurant for lunch. Meet at the groomer shed at 9a.m.
- March 13: CLUB RIDE, Bog Hooters SC of Mechanic Falls. Details on club Facebook, MySpace pages or email.
- March 14: CLUB RIDE, COOKOUT, held by the Valley Riders SC of Bingham-Moscow.
- March 20: ANNUAL AUCTION, held by the Ashland SC, 7p.m. at the Ashland Motor Lodge.
- March 20: GOLF TOURNAMENT, COOKOUT, Benedicta Snowgang. More details TBA.
- March 20: CLUB MYSTERY RIDE, Molunkus Valley Sno-Drifters of Sherman.
- January 2: MEETING/RADAR RUN MEETING, Portage Lakers SC, 6:30p.m. at Dean's Motor Lodge.
- January 7: MEETING, Snow Valley Sno-Goers of Andover, 7p.m. at the clubhouse. Prior to the meeting (5:30p.m.) the groomer training DVD will be shown to all those interested.
- January 10: ANNUAL THINK SNOW DANCE, 8 pm-12 midnight, at the Eagles in Rumford. Music by the Hooligans. (Tickets available through area snowmobile clubs)
- January 11-17: INTERNATIONAL SNOWMOBILE SAFETY WEEK, Visit www.snowmobile.org to view the 'Campaign Action Manual'. Organized by the International Snowmobile Manufacturers Association (ISMA).
- January 17: SNOWMOBILE SAFETY CHECK, held by the Palmyra SC, from 9a.m.-2p.m. on ITS 84 in Palmyra Village (south side of US Route 2).
- January 17: VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RIDE, Hosted by the Paul Bunyan SC, Bangor. Begins 7:30a.m. (weather permitting), Paul Bunyan clubhouse, Outer Union Street, Bangor (just past the Paul Bunyan Campground). For everyone of all ages interested in vintage sleds. Coffee, juice and donuts at the clubhouse; ride begins at 9:30a.m., final destination is Dysart's for lunch.
- January 18: RADAR RUNS AT PORTAGE LAKE, Hosted by the Portage Lakers SC, in front of the forestry building. Registration begins at 9 am; Runs begin 10a.m. FMI: Jen Curran, 207-227-0045.
- January 18: RALLY, held by the Harrison Friendly Riders SC starting at 10a.m. at the VFW in Harrison; rally tours Harrison trail system. $10 per person. Prizes awarded. Refreshments. FMI/Questions: Chris Searles, President, 207-557-5092, email.
- January 22, 23, 24: SNODEO 2009, in Rangeley. Annual event features radar run, snowmobile parade, fireworks and more. January 22: Rangeley Lakes SC Casino Night, Rangeley Lakes Chamber of Commerce Chili-Chowder Cook Off. January 23: Welcome party. Full schedule of events held on January 24, see www.rangeleysnowmobile.com for details.
- January 23: SNOWMOBILE HILL CLIMB at Black Mountain of Maine, Rumford. Begins 6p.m. Gate/Spectator fee $5 ages 13+, $3 ages 6-12. Children under 5 free. Participant Registration $15 (before 1/15), $20 after, plus gate fee. Lodge open at 4p.m. for bib pickup and last minute registration (last minute registration subject to space availability). All participants must sign a waiver; under 18 must have signature of parent/guardian. The Cafe and Last Run Lodge open for snacks/beverages. FMI: Black Mountain of Maine 207-364-8977, www.skiblackmountain.org. (Additional climbs on February 27 and March 27).
- January 23, 24, 25: WYMAN LAKE ICE FISHING DERBY, at the Moscow Landing. FMI: www.upperkennebecvalley.com.
- January 24: B52 COMMEMORATIVE RIDE, Hosted by the Moosehead Riders SC of Greenville, 1p.m. at the clubhouse.
- January 24: SNOWMOBILE SAFETY COURSE, the Narraguagus Snowmobile Club will be sponsoring a Snowmobile Safety Course at their clubhouse on the Ridge Road in Cherryfield ME from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Charles Corliss with the Bureau of Parks and Lands will be the instructor. To pre-register call 215-2873 or 546-2730. There is no fee for the course.
- January 24, 25: NORWAY TRACKERS SNOFEST. Saturday: Drag Racing. Sunday: Radar Run and Chowderfest. For more info call Richard 207-249-5266 or Ed 207-527-2881.
- January 24: BRIDGTON WINTER CARNIVAL/MUSHERS BOWL DOGSLED RACES. Highland Lake, Bridgton. The Bridgton Easy Riders SC will be offering snowmobile rides and running their snack shack. Visit www.mushersbowl.com for full schedule of Mushers Bowl and Carnival events.
- January 25: RADAR RUN, held by the Harrison Friendly Riders SC on Crystal Lake, Route 117. FMI: Stacey Worster at 207-583-6914.
- January 31: HELP YOUR FRIEND FUND RAISER, to benefit Norm Driscoll, President of the Presque Isle SC, injured in October while repairing a snowmobile bridge. Event held at the Presque Isle SC clubhouse beginning at 6p.m. Fried turkey dinner with all the fixings, $20 per person (at the door); followed by benefit auction. For more info contact Dave Steeves, 207-764-6049. Donations to a fund for the Driscolls may be sent to: Presque Isle SC, Attn: Treasurer Judy Cronin, PO Box 1368, Presque Isle ME 04769.
- January 31, February 1: ICE FISHING DERBY, 29th annual event, held by the Pushaw Lake SC, Whitmore Landing Road, Hudson. Saturday sunrise-5p.m.; Sunday sunrise -3p.m. Tickets at convenience stores, bait shops throughout the area. Cash prizes. FMI: Mike 207-852-0287.
- February 6, 7: PINE TREE SNOWMOBILE RIDE IN, to benefit the Pine Tree Camp. Events held in the Newport area. More details TBA: visit www.pinetreesociety.org.
- February 6, 7, 8: INTERNATIONAL SNOWMOBILERS FESTIVAL, Madawaska ME and Edmundston, NB. 3 day festival ID gives access to designated trails on both sides of the border. Over 600 miles of riding! Lucky Run, prizes, spaghetti dinner, drag races, dance-live band, snowmobilers' breakfast and more. (Required to bring: proof of insurance, passport or birth certificate w/photo ID, current state regsitration or provincial trail permit) FMI: www.isfim.net or call the Madawaska Chamber 207-728-7000.
- February 7: ANDY SANTERRE SNO-RUN, to benefit AMHC Sexual Assault Services. Caribou Inn & Convention Center: 8:30a.m.-sign in, poolside; 10a.m.-Charity Ride begins; 4:30p.m.-Autograph signing; 6p.m.-Dinner and auction. Ride $30. Dinner and auction $25. FMI: 207-498-6431, www.amhc.org.
- February 7: RADAR RUN, held by the Mollyockett Sportsmen Club of West Paris. Proceeds benefit the 'Relay for Life'. 9a.m.-4p.m., Route 219, 2.2 miles east of Route 26. Watch for signs. FMI: Ron Brett 207-393-7046. (Rain date February 14).
- February 7: SNOFEST/FISHING DERBY, Annual event held by the Washington Hill and Gully Riders, on Washington Pond. Rain date February 14.
- February 7, 8: SNOW FEST 2009, annual winter festival hosted by the Hillside Family Riders SC of Lewiston on No Name Pond. Radar runs, groomer demos, vintage sled show, raffles, food, more. Visit www.hillsidefamilyriders.com.
- February 7, 8: DRAG RACES AND RADAR RUNS, held by the Jefferson/Nobleboro Sno-Packers at Damariscotta Lake State Park, in Jefferson. (Rain dates February 14, 15). Mark your calendar. FMI: http://sites.google.com/site/snopackers.
- February 8: RADAR RUN, held by the Harrison Friendly Riders SC on Crystal Lake, Route 117. FMI: Stacey Worster at 207-583-6914.
- February 13: SNOWMOBILE PARADE, down Millinocket's Main Street at 6p.m. Bonfire and concessions at Veteran's Memorial Park during the parade. Fireworks at Recreation Complex at 7:30p.m. after the parade.
- February 13: SNOFEST EVENTS, hosted by the Moosehead Riders SC of Greenville. Friday: Chili/Chowder Cook-off. Saturday: Snowmobile events, other winter sports event during the week.
- February 13: 6th ANNUAL EASTERN NEW ENGLAND GROOMER EVENT, Moosehead Motorsports, Greenville Junction. 8a.m.-4p.m. Sponsored by Prinoth, Sur-Trac, Mountain Grooming Equipment, Cooks Equipment, Pisten Bully. FMI: Al Cooper 603-267-7840 or Tom McCormick 207-695-4543.
- February 13, 14, 15: DEXTER WINTER FESTIVAL. Friday: Hal Wilkins Ride-in and Dinner. Saturday: Radar Run, snow sculptures, annual dance, fireworks and open house at the Wassookeag SC all day. Sunday: Parade. Hosted by the Town of Dexter and Wassookeag SC (www.wassookeagsnowmobileclub.com).
- February 14: POKER RALLY, held by the Bridgton Easy Riders SC, at the Masonic Hall, Route 117. Registration begins 8a.m.
- February 14, 15: ANNUAL NAPLES WINTER CARNIVAL, Long Lake, Naples Town Dock, Route 302. Radar Run-Sat. and Sun. 9:30a.m.-3p.m. Poker Rally-Saturday, registration 9a.m.-2p.m. Hannaford Bros/United Way Fishing Derby. Helicopter rides, antique sleds, 50/50 raffle, snow coach rides, snowmobile jumps, snow sculptures, fireworks (Saturday 6p.m.). Party at the Tiki Bar (Saturday 8p.m.) Food Booths. FMI: Dan Allen 207-318-6965. www.muddyriversnoseekers.org.
- February 14, 15: WINTER TRANSPORTATION FESTIVAL, at Owls Head Transportation Museum. 9:30a.m. to 4p.m. Exhibit your antique (pre-1988) snowmobile, snow plow, snow blower, sleigh, ice boat, sled or toboggan and receive FREE admission! Exhibit your modern snowmobile and get in for just $5 (for 2 people). Special designated area of fields and trails for riding. Auction of winter activity items and hospitality packages on Saturday at 2pm. Buy or sell your used snowmobile in the "Used Snow Vehicle Marketplace" (call 594-4418 for vendor fee information). Antique snowmobile parade at noon; rides in the Museum's 1926 Model T Ford snowmobile; snowmobile demonstrations; children's activities; horse and wagon rides; food concessions, snowmobile movies. Vendors welcome - call 594-4418 to reserve space or visit www.owlshead.org for more details.
- February 15: WORLD'S GREATEST SLEIGH RIDE, 16th annual fund raiser for Pine Tree Camp, held by the Pejepscot Sno-Chiefs, Lisbon Falls and the Farmers Draft Horse, Mule and Pony Club. 10a.m.-2p.m. FMI: 207-729-6337.
- February 15: RADAR RUNS, held by the Pushaw Lake SC, Whitmore Landing Road, Hudson. Registration 8:30-10:30a.m. Racing starts 11:30a.m. $5 per run; $10/3 runs. 1st, 2nd, 3rd place awards - plus 'King of Lake' trophy. Also: USED SLED CORRAL, 9a.m.-5p.m. If your sled is sold a portion of sale is donated to the club. The club will keep the corral secure, leave your cell # with them, enjoy the radar runs, and they will call you if someone is interested in your sled. Access the lake at Whitmore Landing.
- February 15: ANNUAL POKER RALLY, Held by the Denmark Draggers SC.
- February 21: ONE LUNGER 100, annual 1973 and older Vintage Snowmobile Race, hosted by the Turner Ridge Riders SC. Located at intersection Rt. 117, North Parish Road and Upper Street. Gates open 7 a.m., race registration 7:30-9a.m. (Preregistration $30; race day registration $65.) Races through 4p.m. Admission $5. Food vendors, dealer displays, 50/50 raffle. FMI: www.turnerridgeriders.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or call Chip Gilbert 207-225-3234.
- February 21: WINTERFEST, Held by the Bulldog Summit Riders SC of Upper Enchanted Twp. Chicken BBQ, Radar Runs, Closed Course Race, Children's Hill Climb and much more. FMI: www.bulldogsummitriders.com or call 207-243-2853.
- February 28, March 1: SNO-CROSS RACES, sponsored by the Lincoln Snowhounds SC, at the clubhouse, Town Farm Road off Route 2 in Lincoln. Races begin 11a.m. daily. (Registration 8a.m.-10a.m.) $4000 Pro Purse. Cash Prizes and Trophies Pro Division winners. Trophies Amateur Division winners. Lunch Saturday and Sunday at the clubhouse. FMI: Technical info Kevin Steward 207-794-1037, email; General info Alan Smith 207-794-2104, email.
- March 1: FUN DAY, Held by the Benedicta Snowgang SC, at Phil and Sue Knowles, 12:30p.m.
- March 2: ST JOHN VALLEY ASSOCIATES FUN DAY, Annual event hosted by the Madawaska SC, 9a.m.-2p.m.
- March 7: WINTERFEST ON CRYSTAL LAKE, Plans for fishing derby, family fun poker run, silent auction, food, ice car races. All at St. Gregory's on Crystal Lake, Gray. Hosted by the Gray Snow Wolves. FMI: Brad Shelley 207-428-3308.
- March 14: RIDE FOR ALL, Rides for special needs kids and adults, held by the Fort Kent SnoRiders.
- March 20, 21, 22: SNOWMAN FESTIVAL AT PORTAGE LAKE, the kickoff of the Town of Portage Centennial Celebration.
- October 5-7: MAINE SNOWMOBILE SHOW
Augusta Civic Center
- November 10, 11: NORTHERN MAINE WINTER EXPO, at the Multi-Purpose Center in Madawaska. Sponsored by the Madawaska Chamber of Commerce (www.greatermadawaskachamber.com).
- January 19: B52 COMMEMORATIVE RIDE
The 44th anniversary of the B52 crash on Elephant Mountain. At 1 p.m. a brief memorial service will be held at the clubhouse on Scammon Ridge, followed by a ride to the crash. Hosted by the Moosehead Riders Snowmobile Club of Greenville.
- January 24-26: RANGELEY SNODEO, Annual winter snowmobiling festival hosted by the Rangeley Lakes SC (www.rangeleysnowmobile.com) and Rangeley Lakes Chamber of Commerce (www.rangeleymaine.com).
- February 1-3: INTERNATIONAL SNOWMOBILERS FESTIVAL
ride designated trails in northern Maine and New Brunswick during this cross-border snowmobile celebration based in Madawaska ME and Edmundston NB. Poker run, parades, Fun Night.
- February 1-3: MOOSE STOMPERS FESTIVAL
Annual celebration of winter based in the Houlton area. Snowmobiling events, skiing, family fun. FMI:
Greater Houlton Chamber of Commerce, 207-532-4216 (www.moosestompers.com).
- February 9:
ANDY SANTERRE NASCAR SNOWMOBILE RUN
Second annual ride held in the Caribou area to benefit Aroostook Mental Health Center Sexual Assault Services.
More details visit www.amhc.org.
- March 1-4: CAN-AM INTERNATIONAL SLED DOG RACES
annual event held in Fort Kent. Visit can-am.sjv.net.
- December 3-4: ROCK MAPLE RACING SNOCROSS
Sugarloaf Regional Airport, Carrabassett Valley. Racing starts at 9a.m. daily; gates open at 8a.m. Admission $12/day; $20/weekend. 5 and under free.
- January 14-15: IRVING 100 MILE SLED DOG RACE
Based in the Eagle Lake area, www.eaglelaketown.org.
- January 21: B52 COMMEMORATIVE RIDE
The 43rd anniversary of the B52 crash on Elephant Mountain. At 1 p.m. a brief memorial service will be held at the clubhouse on Scammon Ridge, followed by a ride to the crash. Hosted by the Moosehead
Riders Snowmobile Club of Greenville.
- January 26-February 3: 2006 BIATHLON JUNIOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Presque Isle. www.nordicheritagebiathlon.org.
- January 28: RICKY CRAVEN SNOWMOBILE RIDE FOR CHARITY
Ninth annual event, held in the Moosehead Lake area, supports The Marrow Foundation, Mainešs Childrenšs Miracle Network, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, The Travis Roy Foundation, and Give Kids the World. Minimum $125.
Breakfast, ride, lunch, autograph session and prizes.
- February 3-5: DEAD RIVER COMPANY RIDE TO BENEFIT PINE TREE CAMP
Snowmobiling fundraiser on behalf of The Pine Tree Camp for children and adults with disabilities. Event held in greater Newport area. www.pinetreesociety.org
- February 3-5: INTERNATIONAL SNOWMOBILERS FESTIVAL
ride designated trails in northern Maine and New Brunswick during this cross-border snowmobile celebration based in Madawaska ME and Edmundston NB. Poker run, parades, Fun Night. www.isfim.com
- February 3-5: MOOSE STOMPERS FESTIVAL
Annual celebration of winter based in the Houlton area. Snowmobiling events, skiing, family fun. FMI: Greater Houlton Chamber of Commerce, 207-532-4216.
- February 11:
ANDY SANTERRE NASCAR SNOWMOBILE RUN
Second annual benefit ride held in the Caribou area. More details visit www.amhc.org.
- February 11: ANNUAL CHARITY RIDE
sponsored by Wal-Mart and the Eastern Maine Snowmobilers of Holden. More details TBA.
- February 11-12: NAPLES WINTER CARNIVAL
Annual event featuring a number of snowmobiling activities. Visit the Muddy River Sno-Seekers web site, www.muddyriversnoseekers.org.
- February 11-25: MOOSEHEAD LAKE AREA SNOFEST
Features 100 Mile Wilderness Sled Dog Race, from Greenville to Brownville - up to 30 teams competing. For event schedule contact Moosehead Lake Chamber of Commerce, 207-695-2702
or visit www.mooseheadlake.org.
- February 16-26: CARIBOU WINTER CARNIVAL & SNOWMOBILE FESTIVAL
- February 18-19: ANNUAL SNOCROSS RACES
hosted by the Lincoln Snowhounds at the clubhouse, Town Farm Road off Route 2 in Lincoln.
- March 4: CAN-AM INTERNATIONAL SLED DOG RACES
annual event held in Fort Kent. Visit can-am.sjv.net.
- March 5: GROOMER RALLY AND COOKOUT
held by the Greenstock Snow Sports of Greenwood/Woodstock, all day. Club will parade their grooming equipment to the Kiosk on Trail 13, followed by cookout. All are welcome - donations accepted.